- 1 1/2 ounces Amontillado Sherry (preferably Lustau Los Arcos)
- 1/2 ounce Aged Rum (preferably English Harbour 5 year)
- 1/4 ounce Scotch, Islay (preferably Laphroaig 10-Year-Old Single Malt)
- 3/4 ounce Lime Juice
- 1/2 ounce Grapefruit Juice
- 3/4 ounce Cinnamon Syrup (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: Smoking Cinnamon Stick and a Lime Wheel
- Add all ingredients to a pilsner or Collins glass.
- Add crushed ice and swizzle using a swizzle stick or bar spoon.
- Add more crushed ice, and garnish with a smoking cinnamon stick (carefully light using a match or lighter) speared through with a lime wheel.
- Be sure to extinguish cinnamon stick before attempting to take a sip of your swizzle.
To make cinnamon syrup, combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water in a saucepan over low heat with a 2-inch piece of cinnamon bark for 5 minutes. Let stand overnight and then strain. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.