Peach & Pecan Saveur
As you’ve probably experienced too, there are days when I just feel burnt out. A good cocktail usually does the trick after a long day, but not when making the drink actually sounds like work too. These are the days when I ask myself, “What can I make that’s amazing, with as little effort as possible.”
The answer… Infusions!
Before you get to mixing just note with infusions you typically need to give it a couple days to let the flavors meld together. Certain infusions, like Earl Grey infused gin or jalapeño infused tequila, mesh pretty quickly. With some ingredients, a little goes a long way. For this recipe in particular, give it a couple of days.
Good things take time and it’ll give you the rest you need from a stressful day. At the point when the flavors meld, grab the other goods and mix up the recipe below. It’s a solid way to take the edge off, and beat the heat in these crazy summer months.
PEACH AND PECAN INFUSION
- In an airtight container, add 4 peeled and cut up peaches (large chunks) and a hefty handful of pecans.
- Get a bottle of your favorite whiskey – make it something you would enjoy sipping neat or on ice. Pour the entire 750ml bottle of bourbon into your container.
- Seal and give it a good shake. Keep it in your fridge and give it a light shake once a day.
- Wait about 5-7 days and then strain your whiskey into a bottle.
- When you strain the bourbon, double strain or put a cheesecloth in a funnel and strain about 2-3 times. Your end goal is gorgeous bourbon with as little sediment as possible in it.
PEACH AND PECAN COCKTAIL
- 1.5 oz Pecan and Peach Infused Bourbon
- .5 oz Lillet Blanc
- .5 oz Demerara Syrup
- 3 Dashes of Chocolate Bitters
- Garnish: Peach Slice and Mint Sprigs
- Combine the ingredients into a mixing glass, and fill with ice.
- Stir with a bar spoon until chilled, and strain the drink into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, and a slice of peach.