Given the apparently tight window for perfection allowed by the humble Whiskey Sour, perhaps it’s as worthy of careful execution as more revered drinks. It may not be called for often in the haute cocktail bars of Raleigh, but there are other bars in the world.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Egg White
- Garnish: Maraschino Cherry
- In a cocktail shaker, combine bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white.
- Dry shake vigorously for 10 seconds without ice.
- Add ice cubes and shake for 10 seconds to chill.
- Strain the drink into a coupe glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry.